So, here’s an idea…Why not take a break from your current writing project and choose one of the 5 Writing Prompts below. Write a paragraph or 3, and consider it an exercise for your art to share with our community in the Share Your Work section of our site.
- Two women who grew up as best friends could not have been more different from each other, physically and temperamentally. As they are about to enter adulthood, they are thrust into a situation that tears them apart. 9 years later, they are back home and living within a few miles of each other. What happens? What do they look like? Why did their relationship fail? Can they forgive each other? Where have they been for the last 9 years? Will their friendship be reunited?
- Their mother has just turned 70 and they are concerned about her memory, believing that it has begun to fail. She overhears them talking about it and becomes livid, telling them that they are absolutely wrong. What happens? Who are the children and what is their relationship with their mother? Is she, indeed having trouble with her memory?
- Six girlfriends who graduated from high school together have decided to have a girl’s trip 30 year reunion. They rent a lovely cottage so that they can all stay together and the activities scheduled include shopping at a very large outdoor market. On Sunday, when they are expected to depart, the weather suddenly changed and several tornados are sighted in the area, and heading their way. What happens? Who are the six friends and what is their relationship like today? How had the weekend gone prior to Sunday, and how does the weekend reunion change for the 6 when facing the possible tornadoes?
- A divorced couple is forced into a difficult situation when their only son is severely injured in an automobile accident. Difficult decisions have to be made on his behalf as surgery is inevitable. When they discover that he will need a kidney transplant, who will qualify as a match donor and how will the other contribute to not only the young man’s recovery, but also the ex-spouses recovery? Is there a chance for a reconciliation? What happens?
- She unexpectedly inherits a property from her Great Aunt. One of her distant cousins believes that it should have gone to him. She is an innocent, not interested in causing any trouble, while he is a vengeful attorney who has greedy and nefarious intentions. What is the property and what makes it important? What happens?
Your Work is Important.